Living to glorify God by...
Finding new life in the gospel of Jesus,
Learning to live rooted in grace,
Being renewed in our life together,
Working to bring life to the world.
Finding new life in the gospel of Jesus
We are ministering out of the gospel.
- Christianity is about what God has done, not what we must do. Our life as a church is rooted in the objective work of Jesus – His life, death, resurrection, reign and return.
- What is true drives what to do. We understand this work of Jesus, rather than our effort, as the source of true change.
- We must preach the gospel to ourselves daily. We view the Christian life as one of growth in our understanding of, gratitude for, and life out of this good news.
Learning to Live Out of His Grace.
We are growing in gospel obedience.
- The gospel means that it’s okay to not be okay, but also that we aren’t supposed to stay there. We are working out our salvation together, pursuing discipleship and maturity in Christ.
- Christianity is about a new way to be human. We are seeking to see every part of us in every sphere of life be conformed in every way to the will of God.
- God has given us everything we need in Jesus. The primary tools to grow as Christians are the ordinary means of grace – the preaching and study of the Word, prayer, the sacraments, and the fellowship of other believers.
Being Renewed in our Life Together.
We are living as a gospel community.
- The church is God’s Plan A for the world, and there is no plan B. God does not save us only as individuals but also as a people. We live in community together in friendships, small groups, and as a church family.
- The church is a hospital for the sin-sick, not a country club for the outwardly righteous. We seek to welcome sinners and provide grace for people to be vulnerable.
- The church is the place we encounter Jesus. One of the main ways we experience God’s encouragement, correction, forgiveness and truth is by being a community that practices those things.
Working to Bring Life to the World.
We are pursuing gospel mission.
- Christianity is not about us. We are saved in order to glorify God by being on His mission of salvation.
- The gospel is the power of God. We go into the world with confidence and urgency, proclaiming the hope we have in what God has done and inviting people to trust in Jesus Christ.
- Jesus cares about the whole person. While God’s mission is never less than evangelism, it is more. We are called to love our neighbors and communities in every way, and so we seek to serve people in their physical, relational, emotional, mental and spiritual needs.